Tips to Treat Acne Scars
We show you some ways to treat acne scars at home.
One of the most unfortunate things about having acne is dealing with the scars. Once you finally win the battle and have cured your acne, you may be left with pits and scars on your face. These scars may have been caused because you picked at your pimples. Whatever the reason you have acne scars, know that there is hope. Treating acne scars can be difficult, but you can make things better.
There are many different ways to treat acne scars. Surgery, medication, topical treatment, and holistic cures are the most popular. Some of these can be expensive. We have compiled a list of ways for you to treat your scars cheaply at home.
Tips for Treating Acne Scars at Home:
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon. Apply the juice to your scars using a cotton ball or a Qtip. Let the skin soak up the lemon juice before washing it off. Lemon juice reduces the appearance of scars and blemishes by lightening the color.
- Mix sandalwood oil with rosewater to make a paste. The mask and can be directly applied on the scarred area. Leave the paste on for an hour. You can even wear it. Wash off completely with water. This is an effective method of how to treat acne scars because of sandalwood’s soothing and cooling effect.
- Slice a tomato and place the slices over your scar tissue. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A which stops production of sebum.Tomato also has antioxidant qualities. You may want to be a little careful with tomato concoction because they are red in color. We don’t want to add any redness especially before any big event.
- The most effective remedy you can do in your own home is read Mike Walden's Acne no More system. You will learn step by step how to get rid of your acne scars, and we highly recommend it as it has helped others with their acne scars.
- Olive oil does improve the appearance of acne scars. Massage olive oil on the scarred area. Olive oil is moisturizing and softens the texture and visibility of scars. Olive oil can even be used on sensitive skin.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer that can help treat acne scarring. You can use honey as a mask. You can even drink or eat the honey, I like honey in my tea.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to acne scars, leave on for about 10 minutes. This acne scar treatment, like olive oil, is recommended for sensitive skin. The oatmeal and the yogurt both are known to sooth the skin.
- A face mask made out of tomatoes and cucumbers. By Using a tomato and cucumber face mask it also tightens the pores and produces an even texture. Tightening the pores of the affected area is a sure fire way to reduce the appearance of scarring.
- Rub some ice cubes on the affected area, in 15 min. intervals. (About an hour)This soothes the skin and also shrinks the pores. Wrap the ice in a clean plastic baggie or a locking sandwich bag so it doesn’t leak… Use a toner after this to keep the pores tight. When applying any toners or anything at all be sure your hands are clean and dry. Also always use a cotton ball or other sterile applicator.
- Egg whites are an effective way to treat acne scars. Use a Qtip to apply some egg whites onto acne scars, and leave on overnight to prevent acne and treat acne scars. Egg whites because they dry kind of crusty will sometimes pull the puss to the top of the skin.
- A Qtip or a cotton ball with a few drops of essential oil like lavender. (Only use essential oils that are known to fight acne) Apply it on acne scars at least two times a day with a cotton ball. This will moisturize the area and promote healing of the affected skin. It smells pretty good too!
With a little effort, you can treat your acne scarring.
There you go. We hope you find this list of treatments for acne scars useful.