Acne Home Remedies
Learn about the different acne home remedies.
Here are some home remedies that we have found that can help you to get your acne under control. Some have been shown to work better than others. In addition to these home remedies, we recommend you look into the Acne no More system. Mike Walden, the author, will tell you how you can cure your acne completely medecine free. His booked is backed by over 30,000 hours of clinical research, and many have reported great sucess.
Use these home remedies at your own risk. We make no guarantees here.
List of Acne Home Remedies
- Stop picking at your zits and pimples! The bacteria from your fingers is only going to make things worse!
- Remove the makeup. Oily makeup can contribute to clogging pores.
- Make a facial wash by using lemon and rose water. Mix them together and apply the liquid on your face. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash off by using cotton pad soaked in warm water.
- Use a mild antibacterial soap. Harsh soaps can make matters worse by irritating the skin.
- Garlic juice with 3 parts water is a great cleansing agent. Raw garlic rubbed on the face can make persistent pimples disappear without scarring with multiple applications.
- Be extremely careful when at a gym or fitness center. There is a lot of bacteria in these types of places. Where gloves when possible. Use lotion to help protect the skin from bacteria. And wash as soon as you are done.
- Make sure the products that you use are all non-comedogenic or non-acnedemic. These products are designed to not clog pores.
- Here is an interesting acne home remedy. Use egg whites to treat your acne; apply the egg whites on your face and leave for 10 -15 minutes. Then wash your face with cold water.
- Exfoliate regularly! This removes dead skin cells which fuel the acne
- Mix oatmeal and natural yogurt and apply on your face for a few minutes. When you feel the mixture dries on your face, wash it with warm water.
- Drink a lot of water during the day.
- Drink warm water with lemon a few times a day.
- A fine powder of rice, ground and mixed with water acts as a poultice for soothing bleeding pimples and other skin inflammations.
- Turmeric paste mixed with whole wheat flour is effective for minor skin blemishes.
- Add juice from a fresh lime to a glass of boiled whole milk. This makes an excellent face wash for pimples and blackheads. This works particularly well for cracked skin. A teaspoon of glycerine can be added for skin that is extra dry.
- A ground orange peel mixxed with distilled water or boiled and cooled water, can be applied on the face for treating acne.
- The juice of raw green papaya (including the skin and seeds) is very beneficial for swelling pimples or acne.
- Eat healthy food; make sure you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Good nutrition helps the body.
- Ripe tomatoe pulp can be applied liberally to the face for treatment of pimples and kept for about an hour, then washed thoroughly. Sandalwood powder with masoor dal can be applied thereafter for glowing skin. This also can help shrink large pores.
- This is an important acne home remedy. Prevent over-exposure to sunlight. The sun's UV rays can do damage to the skin, making it easier for acne to form.
- Use clean towells. Every time you wash or shower, make sure you use a clean towell.
- Hot wet towel compresses are the best treatment for localized infections, as the heat dilates the blood vessels. This should be followed by a cold compress, which has the opposite effect on the blood vessels.
- Fresh fenugreek leaves applied over the face before bed and washed off with warm water prevents pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, wrinkles, and dryness.
- Reduce the amount of bacteria in your pores. Do this by using anti-bacterial agents such as rubbing alcohol, peroxide, and benzalkonium chloride, and creams that contain benzoyl peroxide.
- Take a cotton pad and dip it in rose water, clean your face with the rose water a few times a day to get better looking skin.
- Keep the hair off your face. Guys, remove that facial hair. And for anyone with bangs, keep them off your forehead!
- Take one lemon and squeeze its juice. Apply the lemon juice on the acne pimples and leave for 20 minutes. Then wash your face with lukewarm water. If your skin stings from the lemon, wash your face before the 20 minutes are over.
- Another good acne home remedy here. Get plenty of good sleep. This helps with controlling stress and keeps the body healthy.
- 7 to 10 fresh neem leaves ground and then swallowed with water will clear up the skin. If it is chewing before swallowing with water will also remove bad odour from the mouth, and clean the teeth.
- Curd or buttermilk is good for treating skin irritations. Curds, along with wheat flour or bran, is a good cleanser for dry skin.
- Try drinking herbal water. It is made by boiling the hair of 1 corn with one to two fenugreek seeds in a full glass of water.
- Keep your pillow case clean! This is very important, as bateria and dead skin live on a dirty pillow case. You don'y want to be rubbing your face in this all night do you?
- Apply redness removing eye drops to the affected area and let dry.
- Washing your skin with Head and Shoulders. Apply Head and Shoulders to the skin where acne is present and lather really well.
- Apply sudocrem to your acne spots.
- The fresh juice of apricots applied to your face is very good for sunburns, exzema, itching and as a natural cystic acne treatment.
- Here is an acne home remedy I have been following for years. Take Omega-3 and Omega-6 fish oil daily. It is these essential fatty acids that is important in clearing acne. These fatty acids help control the production of androgens – the hormones that increase during adolesence, which cause excess sebum oil to clog pores.
- Put some baking soda into your cleansers. Do this only about three times a week. This will help take out the oil in the pores.
- Steep 1 teaspoon dried rosemary in 1 cup warm (not hot) water for 10 minutes. Stir well, bathe acne-prone areas of your skin in the solution for a couple of minutes. Rinse well. Do this just before bed. This will help soothe sore, raw skin and gently cleanse without causing overly dry skin (which in turn leads to increased oil production and worsens acne).
- Roasted and powdered pomegrenate skin mixed with a fresh lime and applied over boils, pistules, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads prevents itching and infections.
This is a pretty comprehensive list of acne home remedies. We hope you find some that are useful to you.